Gifts That Make an Impact Now
If you would like to provide students with innovative and relevant approaches to teaching and learning today, consider the giving options below — many of which have financial and personal benefits to you.
Recommend a Grant Now From Your Donor-Advised Fund
You can now initiate a grant recommendation from your donor-advised fund, or DAF, using the link below. Simply start typing in your fund provider name and the system will prompt you through the process.
Memorial or Tribute Gift
When you give a memorial or tribute gift for Utica University to honor someone special, you’re expressing your love, admiration, and gratitude in one of the most meaningful ways there is. Your gift will honor your loved one, create a lasting tribute, and help students reach their full potential.
Gifts of Appreciated Securities
You can use stocks, bonds, and mutual funds that have appreciated in value to support our shared vision. You may receive a charitable income tax deduction for the full market value of the stock (up to a maximum of 30% of your adjusted gross income) and avoid paying the capital gains tax on any increase in the value of the stock.
Matching Gift Opportunities
Would you like to maximize the impact of your giving and encourage other supporters to mobilize on behalf of Utica University students? Consider sponsoring a matching gift challenge. Donate a pool of funds to Utica University, from which we will match any donation made within a given period of time. This way, you can double the impact of your giving.
Qualified Charitable Distribution
You can transfer funds from your IRA directly to Utica University. This is an effective way to have an immediate impact and ensure our work of preparing students to achieve their life and career goals. Here’s how it works:
- You must be 70 ½ years or older.
- An individual may transfer up to a total of $100,000 per year and a married couple may give up to $200,000.
- An individual may take a one-time QCD up to $50,000 to fund a charitable gift annuity (CGA) or charitable remainder trust (CRT).
- Your gift must be transferred directly from the IRA account to Utica University.
- Your gift is a transfer of funds from your IRA to Utica University so it does not create taxable income for you and is not considered a charitable tax deduction.
- If you are 73 and older, the transfer of funds counts towards your annual Required Minimum Distribution from your IRA.
The Impact of Your Giving
$250 could sustain our mission on an ongoing basis.
A monthly gift of this size could provide critical resources for University programs and student initiatives.
$50,000 could endow a scholarship.
That would offer enduring support to underserved students who need financial assistance to receive a life-changing education from Utica University.
$100,000 could fund needed improvements for a classroom or laboratory.
A gift at this level could improve student learning or research experience, while also providing a lasting naming opportunity.
Complimentary Gift Planning Resources are Just a Click Away!
Get Free Resources